Bereavement & Loss
One of the most painful human experiences is the loss of somebody we love. Not only do you have to come to terms with the permanent absence of someone who has been an important part of your life, in many cases you have to make logistical changes as well.
You do not have to go through this deeply painful process by yourself. At InnerSight Psychotherapy, we have therapists and counsellors who will gently guide you as you navigate this new phase of your life. We can help you in many ways, including the following:
- We will give you a safe place to talk about the person you have lost and the role they had in your life
- We will give you information about the typical stages of grief, and how widely this varies from one person to the next
- We will show you how you can maintain the space you need to grieve while still accepting support from the people around you
- We will help you find ways to take care of yourself physically and emotionally as you grieve
- We will help you come to terms with unresolved conflicts you had with the person you have lost
- We will provide you with guidance as you care for children who have lost a parent
In addition, we will help you overcome several misconceptions that surround bereavement and the grieving process. Many well-meaning people will encourage you to take you mind off the person who has passed away, or to protect your children from the realities of loss. At InnerSight Psychotherapy, we recognize that grief is a personal process that is experienced differently by everybody. There is no timetable to bereavement, and there is no “right way” of doing things. We will help you process your grief in a way that makes sense to you. Ultimately, you will arrive at a point where thinking about your deceased loved one will bring you comfort instead of pain.