Anger is a basic and necessary human emotion. When managed appropriately, it allows us to protect our personal boundaries and stand up for ourselves in a way that is both respectful and assertive. However, anger management can be a difficult and painful area for some people.
If you think you or a loved one might have a problem with anger, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are my friends and family “walking on eggshells” around me, being excessively careful with their words and actions, out of fear for my angry outbursts?
- Have I been ordered by a court of law to take anger management classes?
- Has my anger resulted in me physically harming someone or damaging property?
- Does my anger make me feel afraid and out of control?
- Have coworkers or classmates started avoiding me because of my anger?
- Do little things tend to make me feel irrationally angry?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, the approachable and caring staff at InnerSight Psychotherapy can help you. Our goal is not to suppress your anger, it is to show you how to express it in ways that are healthy, setting you on a path of better relationships and a deeper sense of self-esteem.
Like all of our services, our anger management counselling is tailored to meet the needs of each unique individual. What works for one person may not work for another, because the root causes of anger vary so widely. Your treatment is likely to involve a combination of the following three elements:
- Managing the symptoms: we will teach you how to better control your anger impulses in the moment, as you feel the anger starting to escalate
- Exploring the cause: we will gently guide you as you explore and resolve the root causes of your anger
- Healthy expression: you will learn new ways of expressing anger in a way that is healthy and non-threatening, enabling you to protect your boundaries assertively while also respecting the boundaries of others
Your path to a happier life can start today. We welcome you to visit our facility and talk to our staff about how we can help you.
Book your appointment today!