Anxiety is one of the most misunderstood mental health conditions. People who are faced with it are constantly given counterproductive messages like, “You need to pull yourself together” or, “You don’t have anything to be anxious about.”
At InnerSight Psychotherapy, we understand that anxiety is not as simple as that. While it is true that we all experience some anxiety during times of change or excitement, some individuals suffer from uncontrollable anxiety that affects day-to-day life, has an impact on relationships, and causes physical symptoms.
You might have an anxiety disorder any of the following statements apply to you:
- You worry excessively about things that are beyond your control
- You suffer from shortness of breath, heart palpitations or uncontrollable trembling or shaking
- You experience hot flashes, chills or sweating that is not associated with physical activity
- You are suffering from digestive problems, such as nausea, vomiting, cramps and diarrhea
- You have dizzy spells
- You have a fear of dying or losing control
- You feel detached from the world around you
- Your anxiety is interfering with your ability to work, attend school or perform daily living activities
- You experience panic attacks that may be accompanied by chest pains
No one deserves to be crippled by anxiety. At InnerSight Psychotherapy, we genuinely care. We can offer you a soothing environment and compassionate, approachable staff who will gently help you manage your anxiety so that you can lead a calmer, happier life.